freshwater dolphin fish

Discussion in 'South American Cichlid Forums Neotropical' started by smilephin, Oct 18, 2002.

1. smilephin

smilephin Newbie

I am looking to purchase a freshwater dolphin for my 55 gallon aquarium.. Anyone know where to get one online? I checked petswarehouse.com but could find no reference for this type of fish... Its close to the elephant fish ( uses sonar also) but has the outline shape closer to "Flipper".
    Thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2. Bob

Bob Administrator Staff Member

They are availble from early spring-yes we do get them

Bob
    Administrator
    Petswarehouse.com

3. erinstorun

erinstorun Newbie

Dolphin Fish

Please tell me what the name of this fish is. I have been looking for it for a long time but dont know the name an could not find a pic. Its a fresh water fish that looks like a dolphin, is very playful an is not an elephent nose fish. An its about 2in long. Please Help!!!

4. Bob

Bob Administrator Staff Member

We need more info to help on this one!

5. fishybusiness

fishybusiness Newbie

I got mine at a independent fish store. I have 4 and they have breed and are now carrying eggs,will have babies soon

6. Cuse19

Cuse19 Newbie

i want to get one of these fish so bad anyone that hasd info on where to buy please message me and the scientific name is a mormyrus longirostris i have been searching for months to get my hands on one!